September is just around the corner and with it comes thoughts of changing leaves, pumpkin spice-flavored everything, and…Grandparents’ Day? Wait, what? If you’re like most people, you might be scratching your head wondering what this seemingly arbitrary holiday is all about. Don’t worry, we’re here to fill you in! Grandparents’ Day is a special day set aside to celebrate our grandparents and all they do for us.
It’s a time to show them how much we love and appreciate them! So mark your calendars – Grandparents’ Day 2022 is coming up fast! In the meantime, take some time to think about all the amazing things your grandparents have done for you. We guarantee you’ll come up with plenty of reasons to celebrate them on September 11th.
How To Celebrate Grandparents Day?
One way to celebrate Grandparents Day is to visit your grandparents and spend time with them. Another way to celebrate Grandparents Day is to make a special effort to contact your grandparents, even if you don’t live close by. You could send them a card or give them a call. Or, you could bake some cookies or another treat and take it to them. Whatever you do, take the time to let your grandparents know how much they mean to you!
If you have young children, another great way to celebrate Grandparents Day is to involve them in the celebration. Have them make cards or drawings for their grandparents. Or, have them help you bake cookies or another treat. This will be a special activity that they can do together and it will create lasting memories.
Inspirational Wishes for Grandparents Day
“On the occasion of Grandparents Day, I just want to tell you that you two mean the world to me. May you two are always happy, healthy and hearty. Happy Grandparents Day.”
“To the most fun-filled and zealous grandparents in this world, I wish that you always stay with me to bless me and my life with your love. Warm wishes on Grandparents Day.”
“Wishing a very Happy Grandparents Day to you grandma and grandpa. You two are the two heroes of my life and I will always love you to the moon and back.”
Grandparents’ Day 2022: Quotes
1. “A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.” – Charles and Ann Morse
2. “Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet.” – Gene Perret
3. “What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.” – Rudy Giuliani
4. “The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy.” – Sam Levenson
5. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Desmond Tutu
6. “A child needs a grandparent, anybody’s grandparent, to grow a little more securely into an unfamiliar world.” – Charles and Ann Morse
7. Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.” – Alex Haley
8. “When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window.” – Ogden Nash
9. “If you’re lucky enough to still have grandparents, visit them, cherish them and celebrate them while you can.” – Regina Brett
10. “The simplest toy, one which even the youngest child can operate, is called a grandparent.” – Sam Levenson
Grandparents Day Greeting card messages, Wishes
“There is nothing as grand as the hearts you have. To the most amazing grandparents in this world, I wish a very Happy Grandparents Day to you.”
“Your love and your pampering have made each and every day of my life so much more beautiful. Wishing a very Happy Grandparents Day to you.”
“To all the smiles you have gifted me, to all the memories you have created with me, I will always be thankful. Warm greetings on Grandparents Day to you.”