Palm Sunday 2022 Images, Picture, GIF & Photos Download for Wishes! The Palm Sunday is a Christian moveable holiday that celebrates the triumphal entry of Jesus into Jerusalem. The event has been variously dated to April 10, 2022. Palm Sunday, also called Passion Sunday and Palm Easter in other traditions, is a Christian holiday celebrated on the Sunday before Easter.
The date corresponds to the Jewish observance of Passover that Jesus Christ attended with his disciples according to all four Canonical Gospels; it commemorates Christ’s triumphal entry into Jerusalem, an event mentioned in each Gospel.
According to the canonical gospels of Matthew, Mark and Luke, Jesus arrived in Jerusalem on a donkey, the foal of a donkey (Mark 11:1). According to John, Jesus arrived on a young colt that his disciples had already prepared (John 12:14–15).
Palm Sunday has been called “one of the most important days in the Christian year”. The feast is also known as “Parasceve” or “Shrove Sunday”, derived from the Latin word “Parasceve”, meaning “preparation”. This name reflects the preparation of palms (or branches) for Easter.
In Western Christianity, Easter Sunday is usually one of two Sundays preceding Lent; in Eastern Christianity, Palm Sunday is celebrated on the Monday before Easter. The date chosen for Palm Sunday reflects how Jesus entered Jerusalem in triumph and how Christians are to enter into their own communities with confidence. It is also observed that by choosing this day Jesus was declaring he was Lord even of the Sabbath, as well as Lord of the week.
The week before Palm Sunday, known as “Holy Week”, has been a popular time for pilgrims to visit Jerusalem and Bethlehem, where many events associated with Jesus’ life took place. Many people in the ancient Mediterranean world would have fasted until sundown on Holy Wednesday and Good Friday.
The fasting reflected anticipation of Christ’s Passion and death at Calvary. After sunset on Good Friday, Christians attend a service called the Easter Vigil, marking the end of Lent and remembering Jesus Christ’s sacrifice.
The next day is known as Holy Saturday or Easter Saturday. Traditionally it was a day of rest (for example in England people were not allowed to hold markets or fairs), but some churches prefer to use this day for an extended period of prayer and reflection for peace throughout the world (especially in places where Good Friday is observed).
Palm Sunday Wishes
- “Today is Palm Sunday…. Another reason for us to go to the Church and hear some inspiring messages from God…. Best wishes on Palm Sunday to you.”
- “On the occasion of Palm Sunday, I wish that your heart is filled with new hopes and your soul is filled with happiness…. Happy Palm Sunday!!!”
- “Today is a very special day for every Christian and we must celebrate this day with great enthusiasm…. Sending warm wishes on Palm Sunday.”
Palm Sunday Messages
- On the occasion of Palm Sunday, I pray to God to always have his hand on us, to protect us and keep us together…. Best wishes on Palm Sunday.”
- “I wish that we all celebrate Palm Sunday together by going to Church and giving our lives a direction to move ahead in life…. Happy Palm Sunday.”
- “Life is not about moving ahead only but it is also about growing and developing as a person…. Happy Palm Sunday to my family.”