19 August is celebrating World Philosophy Day 2023. Every year, the day was celebrated on the 3rd Week of August. The Day is powered by UNESCO ( United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization). By celebrating this Day, they inform people about some unknown information.
The objective of World Philosophy Day
To renew the commitment of philosophy at the national, regional and international level
To spread awareness of the importance of philosophy and its use in the arising modernity and globalization
To understand the importance of teaching philosophy to the youth and future generations
To foster studies on significant contemporary issues, philosophical analysis, and research. This helps in effective response towards the challenges facing humanity today
To appraise the teaching of philosophy across the world and emphasis is given to nations facing unequal access.
World Philosophy Day Quotes 2023
- ‘We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit’.
- ‘He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a God’.
- ‘Happiness is the highest good’.
- ‘Happiness lies in virtuous activity, and perfect happiness lies in the best activity, which is contemplative’.
- ‘The unexamined life is not worth living’.
- ‘There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance’.
- ‘Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language’
- ‘It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well’
- ‘Wonder is the feeling of the philosopher, and philosophy begins in wonder’.
- ‘Good and evil, reward and punishment, are the only motives to a rational creature