21 November is celebrating World Philosophy Day 2021. Every year, the day was celebrated on the 3rd Thursday of November. The Day is powered by UNESCO ( United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization). By celebrating this Day, they inform people about some unknown information.
The objective of World Philosophy Day
- To renew the commitment of philosophy at the national, regional and international level
- To spread awareness of the importance of philosophy and its use in the arising modernity and globalization
- To understand the importance of teaching philosophy to the youth and future generations
- To foster studies on significant contemporary issues, philosophical analysis, and research. This helps in effective response towards the challenges facing humanity today
- To appraise the teaching of philosophy across the world and emphasis is given to nations facing unequal access.
World Philosophy Day Quotes 2021
- ‘We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit’.
- ‘He who is unable to live in society, or who has no need because he is sufficient for himself, must be either a beast or a God’.
- ‘Happiness is the highest good’.
- ‘Happiness lies in virtuous activity, and perfect happiness lies in the best activity, which is contemplative’.
- ‘The unexamined life is not worth living’.
- ‘There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance’.
- ‘Philosophy is a battle against the bewitchment of our intelligence by means of language’
- ‘It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well’
- ‘Wonder is the feeling of the philosopher, and philosophy begins in wonder’.
- ‘Good and evil, reward and punishment, are the only motives to a rational creature